Thursday, March 21, 2013

Barolo

As part of my plan with Wines Til Sold Out to get expensive wines at a discount I ordered a single bottle of the Barolo Preda DOCG Cascina Adelaide 2007. Barolo is the noblest of the Italian wines and I very much enjoyed this one. I found it smooth, complex, perhaps just a bit young yet, and medium-bodied that went well with our wonderful meal at Corduroy (we took advantage of their corkage fee to trim the check).

I'm happy to get to know these expensive Piedmont wines, but I don't anticipate ever being able to drink $90 bottles of wine on a regular basis and I probably would prefer to focus on regions and wines that are more in my price range. But there will always be special occasions when these really fine wines are a great treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment