Sunday, March 24, 2013

Boulevard Brewery

I added beer to the description of this blog because we are in something of a golden age of craft beers. I have finally let go of my attachment to German-style pilsner beers and learned to love the Belgian and English style ales preferred by American brewers.

There was a tasting of some beers from this Kansas City specialty brewer at Magruders a week or so ago and I brought home a big bottle of the Tank 7 Farmhouse Ale, a very Belgian but very crisp and fresh beer. It has a great head, no doubt from the size of the bottle and kept well into the second day with one of the vacuum wine stoppers.

I would not like a steady diet of Belgian beers, but these craft beers have so much more flavor and zest than some of the cheap, mass-produced beers. For instance, I've had some bottles of Dos Equis sitting around that I can hardly drink. They taste as bad to me as Budweiser, so I'll probably end up throwing them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment