Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Wines of Italy

This is mostly just a reference to a post on my food blog, and also a link to my customized Google map. As I explained in that earlier post, I've embarked on the research recommended by Eric Asimov in How to Love Wine to get better acquainted with Italian wines by systematically sampling them.

After I'd already started on this venture, I rediscovered a great book that had been sitting on my shelf, ignored and forgotten. Vino Italiano: The Regional Wines of Italy by Joseph Bastianach and David Lynch is not only a comprehensive reference but an entertaining read, with anecdotes about the regions and profiles of winemakers. There are also recipes from each region by Lidia Bastianach and Mario Batali. It's almost too much to take in, but I do try to browse the entry for each region as I try the wine.

I don't intend to "review" each individual wine, but I do hope to blog about different regions and grapes as I get more familiar with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment