Saturday, March 16, 2013

Wines Til Sold Out

After a long hiatus, I've gone back to WTSO, but my goal this time is to be more selective and just sample some of the more expensive wines as their discount prices rather than stock up on everyday wines. I'd forgotten how annoying it is to be at the mercy of the FedEx delivery truck because of the signature requirement. Perversely, FedEx Ground does not deliver our neighborhood in the daytime, when I'm almost always here, but rather in the evening, when I'm more often gone.

The trick is not to take the 4 bottles with "free" delivery, but to take only as much as you want of the expensive bottles -- delivery is only $8. So I've gotten 2 bottles of a Burgundy, 2 bottles of an Amarone, and 1 bottle of Barolo. I'll report on these in detail as we drink them.


No comments:

Post a Comment